I have some news to share. Something really exciting happened to me today. When I got up this morning and checked my emails, I had one from WordPress. I logged on and saw that Erica at Just a Little Dot had nominated me for the Liebster Award!!
I am super excited about this! This award is way for new bloggers to get their blogs recognized and their blogs to be discovered. I know I haven’t been blogging long, but I was really starting to wonder how I could get more people to hear about me. This is AWESOME!! I am really flattered that someone would read my blog and think that I deserved this. I can’t even express how excited I am about this nomination! Thank you so much Erica! Also, I loved your post Pushing Ourselves to Uncomfortable Levels. That is exactly how I feel, and I’m sure so many others do too. It makes me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who feels that way.
Back to the award –
Here is how it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Here are the questions that Erica asked me:
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled? Definitely Montego Bay, Jamaica. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and it was absolutely beautiful. The beach and the ocean there is breathtaking!
- What would you choose to have for your last meal? Chicken fajitas – that is my absolute favorite meal. (and some guacamole!)
- If you could have an evening with any person in the world who would it be? I really had to think about this one for a long time. I know most people would say someone famous, or someone influential. But, for me, I really think I would choose my family. We are all so busy with our everyday lives, that it makes it really hard to get together. Everyone is spread out all over the states, and sometimes we only get to see each other at Christmas. And, even when we are together, there is always cell phones and interruptions. I would love to have an evening to just spend with everyone in the same room with no interruptions! (I know that’s more than 1 person, but I couldn’t choose!)
- What was your favorite childhood toy? Rollerblades LOL – I LOVED skating, and it’s something I did every day after school with my friends.
- What is your favorite quote? “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13 – I love this quote because it gives me confidence that I can handle or do anything I put my mind to. Another one that I like is just something that my old dance teacher used to drill into our heads, “Always be a lady and smile.” I think that applies in every aspect of life as well.
- Cabin in the woods or oceanfront cottage? Definitely oceanfront cottage
- Android or Iphone? Iphone
- Pearls or Diamonds? Hard decision – diamonds
- What is your favorite post on your blog? – My favorite post so far is my “Racing Accomplishments” because it’s something that I am really proud of.
- What is your favorite way to release stress? Running
- If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do with your winnings? My husband and I have joked about this many times, but I know that the first thing I would do would be to help my grandparents. My grandpa still works, and I hate that he does that. I want him to stay at home and enjoy his life.
When deciding who to nominate, I thought about people that inspire me. I love reading about other people’s running experiences, so here are the bloggers that I have nominated:
Here are your 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
- What annoys you the most?
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- What has been your favorite running experience?
- Where do you find motivation?
- What is your favorite meal?
- Laptops or tablets?
- Warm weather or cold weather?
- Cats or dogs?